Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Proposal

On October 2, 2010 and Kenny and I were invited to go to Mike's Tree Farm with a large group of people from church. My sister, Kassi, was visting from south Dakota and her two boys, and we were going to pick pumpkins with the kids and eat dinner. My mom was babysitting two more kids, so we had 4 kids under 2 1/2.  We definitely had our hands full!
 I decided I wanted to go back to the car to get the stroller for one of the kids, I asked Kenny to go with me and after getting the stroller he said "lets walk over here" (behind some old tractors). I figured it was just a moment to be alone (which is rare when there are so many kids around!). Kenny asked if I was okay, I replied  "yeah, just tired."  Then he asked me if I would be happier, if he asked me to marry him, I (of course) answered with a slightly hesitant "yes" (What exactly did that question mean? We had been talking about when we got married for a while, so I didn't know if this was just another "when we get married" talk, or a proposal?) then he asked "What if I gave you a ring?" answered with another slightly hesitant yes (Was he proposing?!)  
Then he sealed the deal and answered every question running through my mind,  he got down on one knee and said "I don't want another moment to go by without you as my future wife, will you marry me?"  "YES!!!!!" Then he gave me the most beautiful ring EVER.    After spending a few minutes composing myself, we went and found our family and friends. And that, my friends, is how it happened :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment